Charing Cross Collectors’ Market occupies a site on which there has been a market dating all the way back to the 1690s. Originally as a vegetable market, it’s position between the river Thames and the Strand was an ideal location for deliveries and in 1845 the Hungerford suspension bridge, designed by Brunel, was constructed to further improve the market access.
The venue continued as a market facility over the next 130 years, occupied by London barrow boys, and in 1974 to the current day, it became established as London’s premier weekly collectors’ market, which specialises in coins, stamps, postcards, militaria, memorabilia and ephemera.
Situated in the historic arches below Charing Cross Station and accessed by a staircase, there were many stall holders offering their wares in a wonderful world of collectables known as Charing Cross Market. This continues today as Charing Cross Collectors’ Market.
The market takes place from 7am to 3pm every Saturday (except Christmas day and Easter weekend) and admission is free.